CALL FOR NORFOLK MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS VOLUNTEERS
The Norfolk Board of Health, working in partnership with other public safety agencies, is seeking individuals who are interested in joining a Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)/Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). A MRC/CERT is made up of volunteers who assist in preparing for and responding to public health emergencies. The MRC/CERT may also be called upon to help during the year with routine events (e.g. Annual Flu Clinic, Health Fair, or Public Health Outreach).
1. Medical, Public, and Mental Health Professionals: doctors, physician’s assistants, nurses, Paramedics, EMT’s, pharmacists, medical technicians, counselors, social workers, psychologists, veterinarians, epidemiologists, etc.
2. Volunteer Coordinators: People who are interested in organizing meetings and developing and maintaining the Medical/Emergency Reserve volunteers.
3. Clerical Support: greeters, registrars, general administrative help
4. Security: traffic flow, parking, etc.
5. Transportation: to help people get to our dispensing sites.
6. Child Care: for our other volunteers
Become familiar with existing local emergency plans, procedures, and facilities
We will be hosting two informational sessions on the Medical Reserve Corps program on the following date and times:
Date: April 3, 2007
Times: 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Location: Norfolk Public Library – 139 Main Street
If you cannot attend either of these meetings and are interested in becoming a MRC volunteer, please send along your contact information so we can keep you updated on future MRC meetings and volunteer opportunities:
Return to: Norfolk Board of Health
One Liberty Lane
Norfolk, MA 02056
Should you have any questions or need additional information about the MRC please contact Betsy Fijol at # 508-528-7747, email: email@example.com or Richard Clancy at #508-528-3207, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Lavin, Chairman
Peter Chipman, Clerk
Thomas Gilbert, Member