To schedule any inspections please contact the Building Department at 508 528-5088.
Building Inspections are generally done Monday through Thursday between
9:00 AM and 1:00 PM.The wiring, plumbing / gas inspectors are part-time, we do our best to schedule inspections in the office, however we ask that we are provided with contractors and homeowners phone numbers so inspectors can make arrangements for inspections if necessary.
Please be aware that Inspectors will not enter a home without the presence of either the homeowner or contractor.
- Foundation Excavation and deck footing inspections are done prior to any concrete or fill.
- Foundations must be damp proofed and inspected prior to backfill.
- All fireplaces must be inspected at the throat level after first flue lining is installed.
- Rough wiring, plumbing and gas inspections are to be completed prior to rough frame inspection.
- Rough framing and insulation inspections.
- Final wiring, plumbing and gas inspections.
- Final building inspection is done and occupancy is granted.