EXISTING CONDITIONS REPORT
- No public access to toilets. If public is allowed access to restrooms they must be either escorted by a staff member to maintain security or they have full access to the entire building.
- No sprinkler (fire-protection) system in the building
- Exterior masonry veneer wall constructed in 1984 is cavity wall construction and includes 1 ½” of rigid insulation; however, original 1966 building is believed to contain no wall insulation.
- Dispatch and dispatch equipment are not in rated enclosures according to NFPA 1221.
- Juvenile cells are not site and sound separated from adults when booking.
- Rear entry/ Egress vestibule is used for storage if materials.
- No H.C. accessible showers for officers and staff.
- No separate shower for cleaning detainees.
- Bunk rooms do not conform to minimum size allowed by building code for as an occupied space.
- Bunk rooms do not contain egress windows.
- Entry vestibule was extended over side walk causing thermal transfer of cold into conditioned space.
- Detention fixtures do not conform to ADA clearance from adjacent walls.
- No H.C. accessible fixtures for F.D.
- Sink and table in break/roll call area is used for food as well as gun cleaning.
- Sink in FD Day Room is used for cleaning medical supplies for Rescue Vehicles as well as Food Prep.
- No ADA compliant cell for males and females.
- No ADA compliant plumbing fixture in Juvenile cell.
- Cot/Bunk may pose suicide liability risk.
- Do not appear to meet state minimum for depth of platform.
- No vehicles exhaust system for rescue vehicles?
- No CO Detention and exhaust system for Sally Port.
- Public lobby does not hold ballistic rating for protection of staff.
- Locker rooms are accessed from booking which provide a safety hazard with detainees gaining access to fire arms stored in lockers.
- Male cells contain many suicide risks for prisoner that will be cited by department of public health.
- Sally port is used for storing clearing and vehicle supplies which can be used by a detainee against an officer.
- Server /E911 / TELE/ are located in a unsecure rooms causing hazards to information.
- Dispatch is open to booking causing for disruption/ interference with dispatch function.
- First Bay of Apparatus is used for storage of supplies and materials.
- Evidence storage is not in protected space from security and or fire.
- Minimal amount of video surveillance of site and building.
- Video surveillance in some cells is not functioning.
- Access control is limited to mail entry with locked doors and passive mechanical lock at staff entry to police.
- Visitor/Public Access to secure areas of building is only controlled by staff escorts.
- Matron space currently being used as locker room for dispatchers.
One Liberty Lane
Town Hall, 2nd Floor, Rm 205
(Board of Selectmen Suite)
Phone: (508) 528-1248
Kaestle Boos Associates, Inc.
AIA, LEED AP
ASLA, LEED AP